Weekly Reflection

Looking back at my first week of senior project, I am feeling more than accomplished. Regarding my capstone, this was the busiest week, the hard part is over. My fellow concentration girls and I (Olivia, Ayla, Emily) worked every single day with one another in the library. I made an effort to go to breakfast and park myself in the library by 9am every day. My paper requirement was a minimum of 15 pages, I exceeded 23. Each day, I set goals for myself, and had lots of appointments with various "mentors" for help on my writing and idea formulation.  This kept me motivated.

My paper, on Hurricane Katrina, is something I am passionate about, and found endless interest and way too much research on. I am proud of my perseverance to continue working each day, even when I was so mentally exhausted. I have never written a paper this large and extensive. Prior to starting it, I was super intimidated, but through the process, I have learned a lot. 

On the horizon, I have my public demonstration Monday, a reflection paper, as well as my exit interview with the concentration committee. Monday, I am presenting to Sue Houston's Apes class. I have created a presentation on climate refugees and my experience as one myself. Once that is completed, I am another step closer to the finish line. My annotated bibliography will also be due this week so that will be my next project. Now that the weather is constantly warm (knock on wood), I hope to escape the library a little and maybe get more work down outside. However, the black flies have been pretty unbearable. Thanks for tuning into my blog all week. Stay tuned for more exciting updates!



KP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3

Kingsley Palmer's Concentration